Sunday, August 02, 2009

What a difference a year makes

For me, this summer has been much better. There have been a lot of bad news all around me, including finding that my grandmother has breast cancer. But health-wise, night and day from my summer last year. I have been so much less depressed (in fact, only slightly at all this year).... My kids just got back from the summer and I wasn't at all miserable! I missed them, yes but I really enjoyed myself. I got some really great quality time with Goofball. We got a lot of great one on one time and I feel really good about things with him. He is amazing.

I also spent a lot of time with my dog. I know, it might sound crazy but he is super cute and we got a lot of time to just hang. He really seemed to enjoy the one on one time. Goofball and I even took him to the beach this summer. He had a blast!! Of course the interior of my car didn't enjoy it! But after a good vacuum, I think I got all the sand out!

And lastly, work has been crazy busy BUT in a good way! I have felt for a long time that I had lost my "spark" for work. Actually I have felt pretty stupid, like I couldn't remember policies or procedures. I didn't feel like I could complete tasks by the deadlines or without many mistakes, etc. But finally, FINALLY I feel like I am getting my brain back. It feels good!

Anyway, I am very happy with my life right now and I can honestly say that I haven't felt that way in a long, long time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your post! Not only does a year make a difference...just breathe the best is yet to be...I would love to have you stop in and take a look at my blog....I have been single 11 years...and its been the most extraordinary journey...filled with challenges, victories, unbelievable personal growth, resolving the past...and coming to accept and love myself...looking at the wonder of life and knowing...I have arrived.. much love and inspiration...

Life with intensity and purpose

Carla

Jason said...

This is a great blog that you have here. I have a humor blog myself and I would like to exchange links with you. You can contact me by simply a comment on the site, to make it easier for you. Let me know if this is possible. Jason

margaret said...

I'm back my friend, and I'm playing catchup. I'm so glad to hear that things are going well for you! Hugs to you!

Karen said...

It's so good to see that you're feeling more heartened with life now. You deserve the happiness.

TimetoDateAgain.com said...

I love, love, LOVE a-year-from-now stories. 365 days (or 366 days for a leap year!) does make a lot of difference! And Carla is right, there's more to look forward to. Sure, there'll be good days, and there'll be bad. But that's what makes our lives wonderful.